About Freja eID
Freja eID is an electronic identification (eID) solution for citizens and organisations which can be used for verifying one's identity in a number of online and real-life situations. Freja eID is made up of:
- A smartphone application - Freja eID - which can be used for authentication and signing to all the services that are connected to the user's eID
- A web portal - My Pages - where the user can control how their eID is to be used and has a full record of their user history.
For more information about Freja eID as a whole, please visit the Freja eID website.
The Freja eID mobile application is available for both Android and iOS:
- For iOS you need at least iOS 11
- For Android you need at least Android 5.0 Lollipop (API level 21).
Preparing to Test
To test Freja eID, you must:
- Download Freja eID from the App Store, Google Play or Huawei App Gallery
- Have a valid email address you have access to
In production, upgrading Freja eID requires data from a valid document. However, in Test Mode you may either:
- Auto-generate the necessary data via our Test Vetting Portal (recommended)
- Use your own document; supported documents are:
- Sweden: passport, driving licence, national ID card, Tax Agency ID card, SIS-marked ID card
- Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany and the UK: passport
Depending on your choice, you may then need to prepare one of these documents as well.
Test Mode is an environment where Freja eID can be tested prior to/during integration. In order to activate Test Mode:
- Download and launch the app
- On the Privacy screen, toggle the 'General Terms and Conditions' button six times to enter Test Mode.
- Tap Start Test Mode to confirm that you want to use the Freja eID mobile application in Test Mode.
Whether you are in Test Mode or not should be apparent as the header in the app will turn orange, accompanied by an animation that says 'TEST'. The application will stay in Test Mode until you delete it from the device.
Overall, registering in Freja eID can be divided into:
- Basic: Creating an account with an email and setting a PIN.
- Extended: Adding a valid ID document. This includes adding the data and waiting to be verified by our security team.
- Plus: Doing a physical ID check at one of our agents. (This step is only relevant to Sweden)
Obviously, for testing purposes, many of these steps can be skipped.
Registering with your own document
If you would like to try registering with your real document, just follow the instructions in the application (we have a detailed, step-by-step guide on our website).
When you send your data for verification, you will get a link in a popup that will take you to our Test Vetting Portal to approve yourself:
The email you used to register will be pre-populated in the field. Just click Upgrade.
If you selected 'Sweden' as your country, click Upgrade again to upgrade your account to Plus. As mentioned before, Freja eID Plus is only available in Sweden.
Registering by auto-generating data
If you would like to skip the process of adding a document or if you don't have a document that is supported in Freja eID, you can auto-generate the data. To auto-generate the data follow these steps
- Create an account and set your PIN.
- Navigate to our Test Vetting Portal and enter the email you used to create your Freja eID account.
- Select the country you chose during registration.
- Enter the data you wish, generate your personal identity number, and click Upgrade.
- Go back to the application, your account should have been upgraded.
Possible errors while registering
Certain errors might occur during the registration process:
- The websocket connection may be terminated during the registration process, in which case a connection error pop-up will appear. Ignore the error, the application will reconnect to the server within 3 seconds.
- Confirmation email might not be delivered. Check your Spam or Junk folder. If this doesn't solve the problem, try resending the email or redo the whole process.
- If you use the same email address to register on multiple devices at the same time, you will get a registration error. Use Already a User > Add Device function to connect multiple devices to the same test account.
Deleting the Test Account
There are two ways you can delete your test account
- Go to Settings in Freja eID (icon in the lower right corner).
- Choose Delete Account.
Your test account will be removed from the database and you will be able to use the same email to register again.
From the Test Vetting Portal
- Navigate to our Test Vetting Portal.
- Go to the 'Delete User' tab.
- Enter the email address used to register the test account. Tap Delete.